Time & Location
Nov 28, 2023, 7:00 AM – Nov 30, 2023, 7:00 AM
About the event
Within the EU4Business program, initiated by the European Union and the German Government, the European Business Association is launching a series of business tours of Ukrainian entrepreneurs to the EU countries to enable companies from Ukraine to meet with global companies and establish business ties for their further development and economic growth of Ukraine as a whole.
According to the EBA’s quarterly surveys, businesses continue to stay in the country, continue to work and support employees. However, global expansion is becoming a new round for business development, growth, and sustainability. Moreover, this is also a pillar for the country’s economic stability in such a difficult time, an incentive for development and prosperity. As business is the one that holds the economic front.
Thus, Ukrainian entrepreneurs continue to work at home (only 4% have relocated abroad) and are looking for ways to expand the geography of their business. At present, 19% of the SMEs we surveyed are already exporting products abroad, and 14% are in the process of finding contacts, negotiating, or obtaining the necessary permits. A third of respondents said they are still having difficulty entering the international market.
Therefore, to support businesses on the path to globalization, help them to understand possible scaling strategies in the EU, rules and peculiarities of working in the market, expand contacts and find new partners, explore project financing in an international format and existing opportunities, etc. the European Business Association invites companies to apply for a business tour.
The second one will take place in Poland, Warsaw, on 28-30 November. The EU and the German Government will fund the participation of 20 business representatives. So, we invite businesses from the technological, innovative technologies, telecommunication solutions, fintech, IT sectors to apply, if:
- it is a legally established Ukrainian company OR individual entrepreneur OR startup with the ready-made product (prototype)
- at least 51% of the enterprise is owned by natural persons (citizens of Ukraine) and/or legal entities (participants and beneficiaries of which are citizens of Ukraine)
- up to 249 employees
- is not located and does not conduct its economic activity in the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine
- enterprise is not in the process of liquidation or bankruptcy, is not bankrupt, and has no tax debts
- the Company does not carry out its activities and does not have its subsidiaries in the Russian Federation and/or Belarus and other countries included in the sanctions lists
- sector focus: SMEs must operate in the focus sectors
- export potential: SMEs should demonstrate export potential and interest in expanding their business to international markets
- growth potential: Companies with significant growth potential and innovative products or services will be given priority
- market readiness: SMEs should be well-prepared to engage in cross-border trade and possess a clear market entry strategy
- commitment and engagement: SMEs must show dedication to actively participate in all tour activities and contribute to knowledge sharing.
The business tour will involve participation in networking events, business conferences, and other activities – in other words, activities that will help to provide a new round of development and recovery for both your business and for Ukraine. Please note that the above criteria are mandatory for participation in the further selection process. In addition, it is important to be able to travel abroad to participate in a business trip.
Globalization is a teacher, a source of growth, a constant impetus to look for creative solutions, and the best competitor and discipline. Therefore, the European Business Association invites you to take advantage of this opportunity and become an even stronger partner and business player!
Please note that the number of participants is limited. The decision to participate in the business tour is made collectively by all partners.
The deadline for application – till COB November 6, 2023. You can apply via the link.
The business tour is organized within the international cooperation programme “EU4Business: SME Recovery, Competitiveness and Internationalisation”, that is co-financed by the European Union and the German Government. The programme aims to support Ukraine’s economic resilience, recovery and growth, create better conditions for the development of Ukrainian small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) as well as support innovation and exports. Read more: www.eu4business.org.ua
Event is supported by the TIPSTER project: “Trade, Intellectual Properties Support, and Technical Regulation”, which is implemented by the GS “Reform Support Fund in Ukraine” with the financial support of the German government within the framework of the international cooperation project ReACT4UA (“Application and implementation of the Association Agreement between the EU and Ukraine in the field of trade”), the executor of which is the German federal company Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. The project is aimed at increasing the competitiveness and sustainability of Ukrainian small and medium-sized enterprises, especially given the accession to the EU.
The strategic implementer of the programme is the German federal company “Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH”. The local partner for implementation is the European Business Association.
The contents are the sole responsibility of the European Business Association and do not necessary reflect the views of the European Union and the German Government.